You can’t imagine a holiday without sport activity?
Apart from water sports dedicated to the summer season,Istria offers many opportunities for recreation and active enjoying in nature and beautiful landscapes.
For which sports is Istria the ideal croatian region?
Istria offers the opportunity for many sport activities such as biking, hiking, tennis, golf, horseback riding, scuba diving, hunting and fishing, windsurfing, climbing, paragliding, hang gliding and caving.
World famous athletes are coming to Istria because of its mild climate, fresh air and non-polluted sea so that they can train and prepare for competitions. The many outdoor paths are interesting for jogging, bikeing, horseback riding, hiking and nord walking for those who just recreate. Beautiful landscapes are hosts of the bravest who are full of adrenaline and seeking for waterskiing, paragliding and hang-gliding, free climbing, mountain running and mountain biking, exploring caves, canyoning and parachuting.
- either from shore or through some of the diving schools… Discover the Istrian underwater world or dive to some of the the wrecks like Baron’s Gautsch. Here you’ll find a list of the best diving centers in each Istrian town and their websites with contact info.
- Rovinj surrounding is ideal for free climbing but there are other fantastic locations in Istria and here you’ll find our selection of the best 9 climbing locations in Istria with a map to show you their exact position.
Sailing view more
- learn to sail in one of the schools or simply rent a yacht and cruise around the Istrian archipelago… an unforgetable experience
- even if you do not own a boat, you can ski on the water with the ski lift in Porec. You’ll find here their contacts to arrange your water skiing experience.
- Istria is the perfect destination with numerous of bike paths, will explain you here what are the thematic routs and give you a bike rout planer.
- enjoy all the beauties of Istria by walking throughout it… It is an ideal destination for Nordwalking. We’ll suggest here some walking paths and tell you about the periods Istria is ideal for walking.
- in every Istrian city there are numerous of tennis courtyards and centers we’ll let you know where you’ll find the largest choices of tennis courts.
- learn how to ride or just ride the Istrian fields and coast with the equestrian centers we’ll suggest you here.
- learn about the terms and permissions for hunting and fishing in Istria.
- there are several destinations in Istria which are, due to exposure to the winds, ideal for this sport, find out here which are the which are the best windsurfing centers of each Istrian town.
- find here which are the best sea kayaking locations in Istria and find the contact info of the kayaking centers.
- discover central Istria and ride the wild roads on a quad or SUV with a professional guide. You’ll find here the best quad rentals in Istria.